My 26th year of living.
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Winter. A season of leaning in, slowing down, setting boundaries and sitting still. It’s very interesting when you set boundaries, the busy is always there, but it’s your soul that changes.
I started the year with 21 days of prayer and fasting. God clearly said, stop—stop comparing. It’s the kind of comparing you do when you’re trying to make your journey work by looking at how others are doing it, so you lose sight of your own.
“A flower doesn’t think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
Took a step back from photography, a little. Was very selective in what I shot and really focused on meeting other women in the field, learning, and nailing down my editing style. I made some sweet friends, found a great tribe online for advice, technical support and general “what the heck do I do” questions.
I got tattoo. It’s one that I had been planning for years, but hadn’t because of what people might think, who worries about that, right? It was truly one of those things I did for myself. It was the most liberating experience I’ve ever felt. It didn’t matter what anyone said, I loved it and it truly symbolizes a pretty significant season of my life when God didn’t speak much, but when He did it was profoundly life changing. I started to bloom me.
Bullet list of 2017
* Went on a cruise
* Started lifting weights and lost 10 pounds
* Started eating to fuel my body
* Took an essential oils class
* Second shot a wedding
* Had the busiest photo season EVER.
* Got a tattoo
* Showed my parents around Tampa
* Started serving with Freedom Girl
* ARC conference
* GFC Beautiful Conference
* Got to work on theChapel’s biggest Christmas project ever, at Ruth Eckerd Hall.
* Got to photograph at Ruth Eckerd Hall
* Bought new gear
* Booked a wedding for 2018
* Got asked to be in MQ's bride tribe.
Peace out 2017, it's been real.